Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Thou have MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2016–2019???
MacBook Pro Touch Bars from 2016 and 2019! Got to know this important Info!
If you have the MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2016 to 2019 you will definitely want to know this Important Information! Prepare yourselves!
All MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2016 Users:
You can tell if you have a MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2016 model or any model year by following the steps below:
- Please go to your Apple Icon on the Top Right Upper Corner! This is the Apple Logo on your Apple Menu Bar the icon you use to shut down or restart your Macintosh computer!
- Once you click the Apple Icon click “About this Mac” Should be the first option in the drop-down menu!
- The First thing you see should be the year of the MacBook. Read the contents of the opened window.
- Need help please go to this link and it will show you the above steps from Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001#:~:text=Choose%20Apple%20menu%20%EF%A3%BF%20%3E%20About,click%20the%20System%20Report%20button.
If you see the 2016 Touch Bar you must know these grave flaws!
In 2016, Apple for some crazy reason decided to make the MacBook Pro Touch Bar! Trust me it was Awful!!! I work with MacBooks since I am an I.T guy. I have used or touched all Touch Bar MacBooks starting in 2016 to 2019.
2016 was a failure!!! The “New” butterfly keyboard was so flat it drove me up the wall and the flat keys just broke in a few months. Also One Big ISSUE. The Display was a total mess up of the era! The display cable was so darn short when you pushed back the display and it passes the 90-degree angle where most people have the display open all the way back to about 230-degrees the display ribbon cable that was for some darn reason installed in the center of the bottom side of the display became dislodged and you will get the spotlight effect like the picture below:
If you see this with your 2016 contact Apple right away they should hopefully fix it for you. If you don’t have any physical damage. I sent out more 2016 model MacBook Pro Touch Bar than you can possibly imagine. 70% of them were the stupid Butterfly Keyboard keycaps and keyboard and about 30% were the spotlight display issue!
All MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2017 Users:
Ok, you can say you are much better off the 2016 users because the display issue was slightly fixed and the word “slightly” because they literally “slightly” lengthen the display cable. But still had the awful butterfly keyboard which lead to multiple N and E and W, A, S, and D keys and more double typing, and the spacebar having multiple spaces _________________! I sent out so many 2017 models because of the darn keyboards! Also, the USB-C ports were just having issues all around. 70% keyboard issues and 20% USB-C port issues and 10% display issues!
All MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2018 Users:
You will have a much better Touch Bar compared to the 2016 and 2017 cause these have slightly better butterfly keyboards and also the display issue has been taken a good lookin. Sadly, the flat keyboard still had many issues and the touch bar having issues was a problem as well. But it was still not so bad. Here is what I usually send out for repair for the 2018 model. Display, Keyboard, USB-C ports, and Battery.
Make sure when you plug in your USB-C power cable look at the Battery icon on the top Apple Menu bar! If it is a Lighting Icon you are good to go! If it is an Outlet icon your MacBook is NOT charging and you might have a battery issue.
All MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2019 Users:
The best Touch Bar MacBook from the 2016 to 2019 series. Keyboard great improvement the best Butterfly keyboard you can get! Still a piece of crap in my humble opinion but compared to the others this one takes the cake ever so slightly, the display is much better, and overall not bad. Still, I am sending these out to my repair vendor because of the display, battery, USB-C ports, and of course the new and improved butterfly keyboard!
If you have any of these MacBooks prepare to Trade them In! Click this link here: https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in
The Best MacBook Touch Bar!
The 2020 Intel or M1 Model has the good Ole Apple Magic Keyboard back and also the ESC key is also back thank goodness!!! But in my humble opinion, the new 2021 MacBooks with NO Touch Bar is the best upgrade Right Now!!!
But remember, the new Apple Silicon Macs are coming out this Summer, Fall, and possibly Winter so get ready for some trading in!
Important Information Must Read!!!
If you have issues with your MacBook do the following below!
- BACK UP your DATA!!! I am an I.T guy and it brings me to tears when I see my clients about to brawl their freaken eyes out cause the MacBook crashed and they lost years of data! I can’t say this enough and I truly apologize for shouting but BACK UP YOUR DATA because if you take it to the Apple Store the first thing they will do is WIPE your data and fix the computer. Your Data might NOT come back!
- SMC/NVRAM reset Only do this After and only after YOU BACK UP YOUR DATA!!! Click here to learn how to do an SMC reset and Click Here to learn how to do an NVRAM/PRAM reset! This will help you with your software issues.
- Always buy the 4th or 5th Gen tech! Apple M1 was good but the M1 Pro, M1 Max, and M1 Ultra are all much better! M1 Ultra is the 4th generation and probably the last generation of the M1 Chips! Wait until you see the M2 and at least the M3 in my opinion is the best sweet spot in starting to invest in the MacBook! When I saw the MacBook Pro Touch Bars 2016–2018 were bad! After 3 years the 2019 model was at least usable! Never buy the first generation of any Apple Product cause it is going to suck this is a fact! Don’t take my word for it??? Search in Google with all First Generation Apple products and add the word “Issues” or “Problems” behind it you will be bombarded with articles! I am just sharing what I have learned in the last couple of years working as an I.T technician specializing in Apple technology!
I hope this article was a good read and helped you out! If you have any questions concerning the Touch Bar 2016 to 2019 just let me know by commenting below. I do have a full-time job so I will try my best to respond to all your concerns and questions.